Five killed in landslide in Doda
Jammu: Five members of a family were killed and another injured in a landslide triggered by heavy rains in Doda district early Monday.
The landslide hit a house in Kundial village in Kastigarh mountainous belt of the district, killing the five, police said.
Soon after receiving the information, police, army and locals rushed to the spot and launched a rescue operation, Five bodies were recovered and a girl was rushed to hospital.
The dead have been identified as Lutta Fullah, his wife Sherifa Begun and three other family members identified as Shamshada Begum, Devi and Fatima Bano, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read