Five killed in landslide in Doda
Jammu: Five members of a family were killed and another injured in a landslide triggered by heavy rains in Doda district early Monday.
The landslide hit a house in Kundial village in Kastigarh mountainous belt of the district, killing the five, police said.
Soon after receiving the information, police, army and locals rushed to the spot and launched a rescue operation, Five bodies were recovered and a girl was rushed to hospital.
The dead have been identified as Lutta Fullah, his wife Sherifa Begun and three other family members identified as Shamshada Begum, Devi and Fatima Bano, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know