Five separatists turn down police security
Jammu: Five top separatist leaders have
turned down the police security offered to them by the Jammu
and Kashmir government.
They have refused police security, which included
PSOs, guards at homes and vehicles, offered to them by the
state government in Kashmir Valley, Home Department officials
The five are JKLF chief Yaseen Malik, PPF chairman
Fazal Haq Qureshi, hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed
Ali Shah Geelani, and other separatists Shabir Shah and Nayeem
The Omar Abdullah government has reviewed the security
of separatist leaders last month and also after the slaying of
religions leader and Jamiat-e-Ahli Hadees chief Mouvli Showkat
Ahmed in Srinagar on April eight.
Separatist leaders Moulvi Farooq, Prof Abdul Gani,
Moulvi Abbas Ansari, Aga Syed Hassan Mousvi, Bilal Ahmed Lone,
Hashim Qureshi and Sajjad Gani Lone have all been provided Z
Salim Geelani, Zafar Akbar Bhat, Shahid-ul-Islam and
Mohammad Yaqoob Vakil have been given Y category security.
Other separatist leaders -- Abdul Hassan Mustafa,
Moulvi Manzoor Hussain, Masoor Abbas Ansari, Tariq Anwar,
Rafiq-ul-Haq and Sheikh Muzaffar -- have been provided police
The officials said an amount of Rs 23.84 lakh had been
spent on security of separatist leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers