Five terrorists killed in Kashmir
Srinagar: Five separatist guerrillas have been killed in a three-day long gun battle in Kashmir, an official said here on Saturday.
"Five terrorists have been killed in the (Zachaldara) Handwara gun battle that ended late yesterday night," JS Brar, spokesman for the Army`s Srinagar based 15th corps said.
"Three houses were destroyed in the gunfight between the security forces and the terrorists.
"The houses were used by the hiding terrorists as fortified bunkers from where they engaged the security forces in sustained automatic gunfire," the spokesman said.
Four soldiers and a police constable were injured in the exchange of gunfire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof