Five terrorists killed in Kashmir
Srinagar: Five separatist guerrillas have been killed in a three-day long gun battle in Kashmir, an official said here on Saturday.
"Five terrorists have been killed in the (Zachaldara) Handwara gun battle that ended late yesterday night," JS Brar, spokesman for the Army`s Srinagar based 15th corps said.
"Three houses were destroyed in the gunfight between the security forces and the terrorists.
"The houses were used by the hiding terrorists as fortified bunkers from where they engaged the security forces in sustained automatic gunfire," the spokesman said.
Four soldiers and a police constable were injured in the exchange of gunfire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!