Five-year-old boy crushed by tractor; angry locals protest
Jammu: A five-year-old boy was on Saturday crushed to death by a tractor trolley in Jagti Migrat Camp in Jammu district, following which angry people protested and set the vehicle afire.
Vivek Kumar came under a speeding tractor trolley at Jagti Migrant Camp on the outskirts of Jammu city today, police officials said, adding that the he died on the spot.
The incident triggered protest by locals, who set the tractor afire, they said.
The driver fled the spot soon after the accident, the officials said and added that a case has been registered.
The post mortem of the body was conducted and it has been handed over to the family for the last rites, the officials said.
In a separate case, the body of 26-year-old girl, who had gone missing on December 26, was found from Sangral nallah in Mendhar tehsil of Poonch district today, the officials said.
A case has been registered and investigation is on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore