Five-year-old boy crushed by tractor; angry locals protest
Jammu: A five-year-old boy was on Saturday crushed to death by a tractor trolley in Jagti Migrat Camp in Jammu district, following which angry people protested and set the vehicle afire.
Vivek Kumar came under a speeding tractor trolley at Jagti Migrant Camp on the outskirts of Jammu city today, police officials said, adding that the he died on the spot.
The incident triggered protest by locals, who set the tractor afire, they said.
The driver fled the spot soon after the accident, the officials said and added that a case has been registered.
The post mortem of the body was conducted and it has been handed over to the family for the last rites, the officials said.
In a separate case, the body of 26-year-old girl, who had gone missing on December 26, was found from Sangral nallah in Mendhar tehsil of Poonch district today, the officials said.
A case has been registered and investigation is on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened