Flash flood alert in Jammu
Jammu: As heavy rains lashed Jammu region,
authorities Sunday sounded an alert about the possibility of
flash floods and evacuated people living near swollen rivers.
There was possibility of flash floods in rivers Tawi,
Ujh, Basantar and Ravi, which were flowing above the red mark,
People were told not to venture out near the rivers
which were in spate, they said.
Residents living near the rivers had been evacuated to
safer places, the officials said, adding over 250 houses in
eight villages had been damaged by recent floods, triggered by
torrential rains, in the division.
Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand
today visited the flood-hit areas and assessed the damage.
He interacted with people hit by the flood fury and
directed authorities to provide 35-kg free ration to each
The Deputy Chief Minister also directed the officials
to provide LPG cylinders to the affected.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'