Flash flood: Two BSF men go missing in J&K
Jammu: A BSF officer and a constable on Thursday went missing after their vehicle was washed away by a flash flood in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The incident occurred when Deputy Commandant Tarun Gupta and constable-driver Uday Kumar were travelling to Sundarbani from Nowshera early this morning, a BSF spokesperson said in Delhi.
The flash flood washed away the Maruti Gypsy in which the duo were travelling while crossing a rivulet at Seri in Rajouri district.
Rescue teams of Army and BSF personnel later found the vehicle a few hundred metres away from the spot but Gupta and Kumar were missing, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it