Flash floods wash away hutments in Jammu village
Jammu: Around half-a-dozen hutments and some head of cattle of tribal Gujjars were washed away in flash floods in Dhartriyal village in Jammu district on Thursday morning, said police.
"There has been no loss of life. Rescue teams have reached the spot," a senior police officer told IANS in Jammu city.
Monsoon is at present active over Jammu and Kashmir and the weather office has forecast more rain in the Jammu region during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Actor evades media, refuses to say ‘sorry’ – Watch
- Amazing! Ahmedabad hotel made out of discarded containers set to woo customers