Flash floods wash away hutments in Jammu village
Jammu: Around half-a-dozen hutments and some head of cattle of tribal Gujjars were washed away in flash floods in Dhartriyal village in Jammu district on Thursday morning, said police.
"There has been no loss of life. Rescue teams have reached the spot," a senior police officer told IANS in Jammu city.
Monsoon is at present active over Jammu and Kashmir and the weather office has forecast more rain in the Jammu region during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000