Flash floods wash away hutments in Jammu village
Jammu: Around half-a-dozen hutments and some head of cattle of tribal Gujjars were washed away in flash floods in Dhartriyal village in Jammu district on Thursday morning, said police.
"There has been no loss of life. Rescue teams have reached the spot," a senior police officer told IANS in Jammu city.
Monsoon is at present active over Jammu and Kashmir and the weather office has forecast more rain in the Jammu region during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?