Flash floods wash away hutments in Jammu village
Jammu: Around half-a-dozen hutments and some head of cattle of tribal Gujjars were washed away in flash floods in Dhartriyal village in Jammu district on Thursday morning, said police.
"There has been no loss of life. Rescue teams have reached the spot," a senior police officer told IANS in Jammu city.
Monsoon is at present active over Jammu and Kashmir and the weather office has forecast more rain in the Jammu region during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown