Foreign Lashkar militant killed
Srinagar: A foreign militant of Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) was killed in an encounter with security forces in Sopore town of north Kashmir Baramulla district on Sunday.
Ikrama alias `Topiwalla` was killed while Showkat Ahmad who was acting as his guide was apprehended by troops of Rashtriy Rifles and Special Operations Group (SOG) of local police who had laid an ambush in the wee hours after receiving a tip off about movement of militants at Lathishat in Bomai area of Sopore, 60 kms from here, officials said.
As soon as the security forces noticed the militant, they asked him to surrender. However, the ultra opened firing while his accomplice, who was acting as guide, fled from the scene, they said.
The security forces nabbed the guide before taking on the militant.
In the exchange of gunfire, Ikrama alias `Topiwalla` was killed, officilas said adding he was affiliated to LeT.
One AK rifle and some ammunition has been recovered from the spot.
Ahmad was arrested under similar circumstances during an operation at Marbal in Sopore area couple of months earlier, the sources said adding he is being questioned by
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail