Foreign Lashkar militant killed
Srinagar: A foreign militant of Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) was killed in an encounter with security forces in Sopore town of north Kashmir Baramulla district on Sunday.
Ikrama alias `Topiwalla` was killed while Showkat Ahmad who was acting as his guide was apprehended by troops of Rashtriy Rifles and Special Operations Group (SOG) of local police who had laid an ambush in the wee hours after receiving a tip off about movement of militants at Lathishat in Bomai area of Sopore, 60 kms from here, officials said.
As soon as the security forces noticed the militant, they asked him to surrender. However, the ultra opened firing while his accomplice, who was acting as guide, fled from the scene, they said.
The security forces nabbed the guide before taking on the militant.
In the exchange of gunfire, Ikrama alias `Topiwalla` was killed, officilas said adding he was affiliated to LeT.
One AK rifle and some ammunition has been recovered from the spot.
Ahmad was arrested under similar circumstances during an operation at Marbal in Sopore area couple of months earlier, the sources said adding he is being questioned by
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city