‘Foreign sponsored militants turn hi-tech in J&K’
Jammu: Accusing the ruling NC government of failing to check militancy in Jammu and Kashmir, the state unit of BJP said "foreign sponsored" militants were turning high-tech to spread the menace of terrorism in the region.
"There is enough evidence to establish that foreign sponsored militants in the state are turning hi-tech and opting for highly sophisticated and more lethal methods of operation to increase the level of militancy in J&K," party`s state spokesperson Jitendra Singh told reporters on Friday.
Singh accused the ruling National Conference of being "indifferent" and "unabashedly constrained" in checking militancy in the state and also questioned its ally Congress as to why it was silent on the matter.
He also raised concern over the recent revelation made by outgoing 15 Corps GOC Lt Gen Om Prakash that 300 militants were still active in the state, out of whom 60 percent were foreign militants.
"Besides, the level of infiltration has instead of declining has further gone up," Singh said.
Citing intelligence inputs revealed in last few weeks, Singh said the new crop of militants, particularly those backed by Lashkar-e-Toiba, were equipped with hi-tech gadgetry and trained to use modern warfare techniques.
He said several intercepted messages have revealed that these militants are using VOIP (Voice on Internet Protocol) technology for communication in order to prevent their phones being tapped.
Singh said even though the number of militants operating in the state has gone down, their hi-tech preparedness has kept them as lethal as ever.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof