Former BJP state chief dead
Jammu: Veteran BJP leader and former state chief Daya Krishan Kotwal on Tuesday expired in New Delhi after a brief illness.
85-year Kotwal is survived by his son and three daughters.
Kotwal`s mortal remains was brought here from New Delhi and has been sent to his native place Bhaderwah in Doda district for last rites.
Party leaders, admirers, friends and well wishers of Kotwal paid their respect after his body was kept at party head office at Kachi Chawni in Jammu.
Condoling his death, senior BJP leader Lal Krishna Advani said, Kotwal played an important role in Dr Shyama Prasad Mookherjee?s efforts for total integration of Jammu and Kashmir with India and his demise has caused irreparable loss.
BJP president Rajnath Singh, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley and other national leaders also condoled the sad demise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Setback for Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for threatening woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?
- Solar Impulse 2 begins its final flight of world tour, heads to Abu dhabi
- 21 patients die on single day in Hyderabad govt hospital, staff blame power outage
- New Zealand's Queenstown Airport evacuated after 'bomb message' found on plane