Former BJP state chief dead
Jammu: Veteran BJP leader and former state chief Daya Krishan Kotwal on Tuesday expired in New Delhi after a brief illness.
85-year Kotwal is survived by his son and three daughters.
Kotwal`s mortal remains was brought here from New Delhi and has been sent to his native place Bhaderwah in Doda district for last rites.
Party leaders, admirers, friends and well wishers of Kotwal paid their respect after his body was kept at party head office at Kachi Chawni in Jammu.
Condoling his death, senior BJP leader Lal Krishna Advani said, Kotwal played an important role in Dr Shyama Prasad Mookherjee?s efforts for total integration of Jammu and Kashmir with India and his demise has caused irreparable loss.
BJP president Rajnath Singh, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley and other national leaders also condoled the sad demise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened