Former BJP state chief dead
Jammu: Veteran BJP leader and former state chief Daya Krishan Kotwal on Tuesday expired in New Delhi after a brief illness.
85-year Kotwal is survived by his son and three daughters.
Kotwal`s mortal remains was brought here from New Delhi and has been sent to his native place Bhaderwah in Doda district for last rites.
Party leaders, admirers, friends and well wishers of Kotwal paid their respect after his body was kept at party head office at Kachi Chawni in Jammu.
Condoling his death, senior BJP leader Lal Krishna Advani said, Kotwal played an important role in Dr Shyama Prasad Mookherjee?s efforts for total integration of Jammu and Kashmir with India and his demise has caused irreparable loss.
BJP president Rajnath Singh, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley and other national leaders also condoled the sad demise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation