Former BJP state chief dead
Jammu: Veteran BJP leader and former state chief Daya Krishan Kotwal on Tuesday expired in New Delhi after a brief illness.
85-year Kotwal is survived by his son and three daughters.
Kotwal`s mortal remains was brought here from New Delhi and has been sent to his native place Bhaderwah in Doda district for last rites.
Party leaders, admirers, friends and well wishers of Kotwal paid their respect after his body was kept at party head office at Kachi Chawni in Jammu.
Condoling his death, senior BJP leader Lal Krishna Advani said, Kotwal played an important role in Dr Shyama Prasad Mookherjee?s efforts for total integration of Jammu and Kashmir with India and his demise has caused irreparable loss.
BJP president Rajnath Singh, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley and other national leaders also condoled the sad demise.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Will NEET be conducted this year for medical courses? Supreme Court to pronounce order at 3.30 pm
- LG Electronics posts 415% increase in Q1 profit
- Apple to open its stores in India as govt panel waves 30% local sourcing condition
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for