Former bureaucrat joins NC in Jammu
Jammu: Former IAS officer of Jammu and Kashmir cadre, G R Bhagat today joined National Conference in Jammu.
Bhagat recently retired as Secretary to Government Co-operatives Department.
Welcoming Bhagat to the party fold, Provincial President National Conference (Jammu) Devender Singh Rana said that after playing a brilliant inning as a public servant, he will contribute for development of the state and welfare of the people.
"We welcome public spirited, honest and missionary people in our party to carry forward the mission of Sher-e-Kashmir Sheikh Mohammed Abdullah with vigour and zest for making Jammu and Kashmir a prosperous, progressive and peaceful state of his dreams," Rana said.
In February this year, B D Bhagat, who retired as Chairman J&K Subordinated Services Recruitment Board had joined the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'