Former bureaucrat joins PDP
Srinagar: Former bureaucrat BA Runyal on Wednesday joined Peoples Democratic Party, which sought support of the residents of state for upcoming Assembly polls to establish a new system of "justice and equality" in Jammu and Kashmir.
Runyal, a popular figure of Chenab Valley who recently retired from the rank of Commissioner Secretary, joined PDP at a function chaired by party patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed here, a party spokesman said.
He said Runyal has a strong social base in the Chenab Valley in general and Banihal area in particular.
Welcoming Runyal in the party fold, Sayeed said the aim of his party was to change the present "corrupt system" and provide "justice and equality" to all sections of the society.
"Let us work together to take process of change to its logical conclusion," he said.
He called upon the people to rise above narrow considerations and support the "progressive and visionary" agenda of the party for the inclusive growth and equitable development of the state.
"PDP is moving on the path of peace, reconciliation and good governance to establish a new system of justice and equality in the state...Resorting peace and accelerating equitable development is the one and only agenda of the party," he said.
Sayeed said it was the resolve of his party to establish accountable, transparent and corruption-free system in the state to provide equal opportunity of growth to every individual.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo