Former bureaucrat joins PDP
Srinagar: Former bureaucrat BA Runyal on Wednesday joined Peoples Democratic Party, which sought support of the residents of state for upcoming Assembly polls to establish a new system of "justice and equality" in Jammu and Kashmir.
Runyal, a popular figure of Chenab Valley who recently retired from the rank of Commissioner Secretary, joined PDP at a function chaired by party patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed here, a party spokesman said.
He said Runyal has a strong social base in the Chenab Valley in general and Banihal area in particular.
Welcoming Runyal in the party fold, Sayeed said the aim of his party was to change the present "corrupt system" and provide "justice and equality" to all sections of the society.
"Let us work together to take process of change to its logical conclusion," he said.
He called upon the people to rise above narrow considerations and support the "progressive and visionary" agenda of the party for the inclusive growth and equitable development of the state.
"PDP is moving on the path of peace, reconciliation and good governance to establish a new system of justice and equality in the state...Resorting peace and accelerating equitable development is the one and only agenda of the party," he said.
Sayeed said it was the resolve of his party to establish accountable, transparent and corruption-free system in the state to provide equal opportunity of growth to every individual.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi