Former Hizbul militant shot dead
Srinagar: Militants on Saturday night shot dead a former ultra in Shopian district of Kashmir, police said.
"Unknown militants shot at an ex-militant of Hizbul Mujahideen--Shabir Ahmed Mir --at his home in Chaki Jam Nagri Shopian," a police spokesman said.
Mir was rushed to a hospital but succumbed to injuries on way, he added.
No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the killing so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'