Former interlocutors have no role in J&K: NCP
Jammu: Nationalist Congress Party on Saturday termed the present exercise of former interlocutors in Jammu and Kashmir as futile and said they have no role in the state.
"Former interlocutors have no role in J&K and it would be better that they pack up. They have no mandate and it is futile exercise," NCP state president and former minister Thakur Randhir Singh told reporters here today.
Former interlocuters Dilip Padgaonkar and Radha Kumar yesterday discussed their report with a high-level delegation of ruling National Conference.
The NCP leader said the report has only added to the confusion and is not worth considering.
He claimed no recommendations of any commissions have ever been implemented in the state, whether it was Gajender Gadkar Commission, Seekri commission or the Wazir Commission.
He alleged rampant corruption and misgovernance prevalent in the Omar Abdullah government and said NCP will launch a campaign in the state to make people aware about it.
Singh demanded that State Vigilance Commission be made functional immediately by appointing persons of high integrity as Chief Vigilance Commissioner and two Vigilance Commissioners.
The working committee of NCP would participate in the party`s fifth national convention at Vadodra on September 15, 16, he said.
"A 25-member delegation from the state will take part in the convention, which will be presided over by Sharad Pawar, National President NCP and Union Agriculture Minister," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog