Former interlocutors have no role in J&K: NCP
Jammu: Nationalist Congress Party on Saturday termed the present exercise of former interlocutors in Jammu and Kashmir as futile and said they have no role in the state.
"Former interlocutors have no role in J&K and it would be better that they pack up. They have no mandate and it is futile exercise," NCP state president and former minister Thakur Randhir Singh told reporters here today.
Former interlocuters Dilip Padgaonkar and Radha Kumar yesterday discussed their report with a high-level delegation of ruling National Conference.
The NCP leader said the report has only added to the confusion and is not worth considering.
He claimed no recommendations of any commissions have ever been implemented in the state, whether it was Gajender Gadkar Commission, Seekri commission or the Wazir Commission.
He alleged rampant corruption and misgovernance prevalent in the Omar Abdullah government and said NCP will launch a campaign in the state to make people aware about it.
Singh demanded that State Vigilance Commission be made functional immediately by appointing persons of high integrity as Chief Vigilance Commissioner and two Vigilance Commissioners.
The working committee of NCP would participate in the party`s fifth national convention at Vadodra on September 15, 16, he said.
"A 25-member delegation from the state will take part in the convention, which will be presided over by Sharad Pawar, National President NCP and Union Agriculture Minister," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town