Former interlocutors have no role in J&K: NCP
Jammu: Nationalist Congress Party on Saturday termed the present exercise of former interlocutors in Jammu and Kashmir as futile and said they have no role in the state.
"Former interlocutors have no role in J&K and it would be better that they pack up. They have no mandate and it is futile exercise," NCP state president and former minister Thakur Randhir Singh told reporters here today.
Former interlocuters Dilip Padgaonkar and Radha Kumar yesterday discussed their report with a high-level delegation of ruling National Conference.
The NCP leader said the report has only added to the confusion and is not worth considering.
He claimed no recommendations of any commissions have ever been implemented in the state, whether it was Gajender Gadkar Commission, Seekri commission or the Wazir Commission.
He alleged rampant corruption and misgovernance prevalent in the Omar Abdullah government and said NCP will launch a campaign in the state to make people aware about it.
Singh demanded that State Vigilance Commission be made functional immediately by appointing persons of high integrity as Chief Vigilance Commissioner and two Vigilance Commissioners.
The working committee of NCP would participate in the party`s fifth national convention at Vadodra on September 15, 16, he said.
"A 25-member delegation from the state will take part in the convention, which will be presided over by Sharad Pawar, National President NCP and Union Agriculture Minister," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss