Former J&K minister resigns as Chairman of SC/ST Cell
Jammu: A senior leader of Jammu and Kashmir`s
ruling National Conference (NC) today resigned as Chairman of
Scheduled Caste and Backward Classes Cell of the party in the
wake of alleged involvement of his son in a case of
impersonation at MBBS entrance test here on Saturday.
The resignation of Ram Paul, a former minister, came in
the wake of his name finding a mention in Acharya Shri Chander
College of Medical Science (ASCOMS) entrance examination
impersonation case which has been referred by the state
government to CBI for inquiry, a NC spokesman said here today.
In his resignation letter, Ram Paul has claimed he was
innocent and will cooperate with CBI probe.
He said that keeping in view the high moral standards
laid down by National Conference and its leadership, he is
resigning from the party post.
A party spokesman said Ram Paul’s resignation has been
Seven persons, including two girls, were arrested from
examination hall of the medical entrance test on the charge of
impersonating for seven local boys and girls, including Paul`s
son Lovesh Bharat and J&K Roads and Buildings Minister G M
Saroori`s daughter Huma.
Cases have been registered against the daughter and son
of Saroori and Ram Paul along with other benifeceries under
sections 419 and 420 Ranbir Panel Code (RPC).
All the impersonators were arrested.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata