Former J&K minister resigns as Chairman of SC/ST Cell
Jammu: A senior leader of Jammu and Kashmir`s
ruling National Conference (NC) today resigned as Chairman of
Scheduled Caste and Backward Classes Cell of the party in the
wake of alleged involvement of his son in a case of
impersonation at MBBS entrance test here on Saturday.
The resignation of Ram Paul, a former minister, came in
the wake of his name finding a mention in Acharya Shri Chander
College of Medical Science (ASCOMS) entrance examination
impersonation case which has been referred by the state
government to CBI for inquiry, a NC spokesman said here today.
In his resignation letter, Ram Paul has claimed he was
innocent and will cooperate with CBI probe.
He said that keeping in view the high moral standards
laid down by National Conference and its leadership, he is
resigning from the party post.
A party spokesman said Ram Paul’s resignation has been
Seven persons, including two girls, were arrested from
examination hall of the medical entrance test on the charge of
impersonating for seven local boys and girls, including Paul`s
son Lovesh Bharat and J&K Roads and Buildings Minister G M
Saroori`s daughter Huma.
Cases have been registered against the daughter and son
of Saroori and Ram Paul along with other benifeceries under
sections 419 and 420 Ranbir Panel Code (RPC).
All the impersonators were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes