Former J&K minister resigns as Chairman of SC/ST Cell
Jammu: A senior leader of Jammu and Kashmir`s
ruling National Conference (NC) today resigned as Chairman of
Scheduled Caste and Backward Classes Cell of the party in the
wake of alleged involvement of his son in a case of
impersonation at MBBS entrance test here on Saturday.
The resignation of Ram Paul, a former minister, came in
the wake of his name finding a mention in Acharya Shri Chander
College of Medical Science (ASCOMS) entrance examination
impersonation case which has been referred by the state
government to CBI for inquiry, a NC spokesman said here today.
In his resignation letter, Ram Paul has claimed he was
innocent and will cooperate with CBI probe.
He said that keeping in view the high moral standards
laid down by National Conference and its leadership, he is
resigning from the party post.
A party spokesman said Ram Paul’s resignation has been
Seven persons, including two girls, were arrested from
examination hall of the medical entrance test on the charge of
impersonating for seven local boys and girls, including Paul`s
son Lovesh Bharat and J&K Roads and Buildings Minister G M
Saroori`s daughter Huma.
Cases have been registered against the daughter and son
of Saroori and Ram Paul along with other benifeceries under
sections 419 and 420 Ranbir Panel Code (RPC).
All the impersonators were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?