Former J&K minister Shabir Khan moves HC for bail in sexual assault case
Srinagar: Former Jammu and Kashmir Health Minister Shabir Ahmad Khan on Monday moved the High Court seeking bail in the sexual assault case even as he continued to evade arrest.
Counsels for Khan submitted the bail application before the Srinagar wing of High Court.
Justice JR Kotwal, who heard the application, directed the state to file a response by tomorrow and listed the case for hearing on Wednesday.
Khan, who resigned from the state council of ministers on February 7, is on the run after a lady doctor filed a complaint accusing that he made an attempt to molest her in his chamber in the Civil Secretariat last month.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Srinagar has issued arrest warrant against Khan after he failed to present himself before police for investigation in the case.
Police has formed two teams to effect Khan`s arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!