Foul suspected in J&K govt aid to madrassas
Srinagar: A day after Jammu and Kashmir
government announced an aid of Rs 3.47 crore for 362 madrassas
of the state, a religious body representing seminaries on Thursday
claimed that several institutions named in the state list did
Alleging irregularities by some government officials,
Mutahida Ulema Ahl-e-Sunnat (MUAS), an amalgam of various
religious bodies, said that they never asked for the help.
"We make it clear that we have not received any funds
from the state or the central government, nor have we made any
correspondence for funds. Government should release the names
of those institutes which have received the funds over the
years," MUAS chief spokesman Ghulam Rasool Hami said.
"Several institutions named in the list of beneficiaries
of the government funds did not exist," Hami said.
On December 14, state government had announced Rs 3.47
crore as Central aid to 362 minority institutions.
"We have not taken or asked for a single penny from the
government. Our name is being dragged under a conspiracy to
defame us," Hami claimed.
The government had sanctioned the fund in favour of
Directors of School Education of Jammu and Kashmir.
The amount will be released to 362 madrassas of the
state as grant-in-aid and the funds have been released under
Centrally Sponsored Scheme for providing quality education in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!