Four arrested for acting as couriers for Hizbul
Srinagar: Police on Tuesday arrested four
persons, including a woman, for allegedly acting as couriers
for Hizbul Mujahideen militant outfit in south Kashmir`s
Kulgam district and recovered huge cache of munition and cash.
"The arrests were effected during a checking of
vehicles at Tangmarg in Kulgam (75 kms from here) following
intelligence inputs about movement of arms and ammunition," a
police spokesman said.
He said police had been monitoring the movements of
Mohammad Farooq Deeded and Qasim Jan, wife of Mohammad Bashir
"The duo was close associates of a Hizbul Mujahideen
militant Abdullah Inquilabi of Peer Panjal Range. They were
to hand-over a consignment of arms, ammunition and cash to the
militant," the spokesman said.
A trap was laid and check-point was established with
the assistance of CRPF and army, he said adding the suspects
were arrested from a cab.
The other two accused have been identified as Nazir
Poswal and Mohammad Iqbal Magray.
The spokesman said on search of the vehicle and the
accused, Rs 4.40 lakh, one Pika gun, 18 rounds of Pika
ammunition, one Chinese pistol, one binocular and two RPG
shells, four AGL Shell, two IED Circuit Box, one mobile
charging apparatus and one kilogram explosive material were
recovered from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ugly spat in Parliament - Renuka Chowdhury calls Harsimrat Kaur 'Kachra': Know what happened
- Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for rail passengers in less than Rs 2
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor
- HILARIOUS! Harbhajan Singh posts EDITED picture of Indian cricketers – Pic inside!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test