Four arrested for acting as couriers for Hizbul
Srinagar: Police on Tuesday arrested four
persons, including a woman, for allegedly acting as couriers
for Hizbul Mujahideen militant outfit in south Kashmir`s
Kulgam district and recovered huge cache of munition and cash.
"The arrests were effected during a checking of
vehicles at Tangmarg in Kulgam (75 kms from here) following
intelligence inputs about movement of arms and ammunition," a
police spokesman said.
He said police had been monitoring the movements of
Mohammad Farooq Deeded and Qasim Jan, wife of Mohammad Bashir
"The duo was close associates of a Hizbul Mujahideen
militant Abdullah Inquilabi of Peer Panjal Range. They were
to hand-over a consignment of arms, ammunition and cash to the
militant," the spokesman said.
A trap was laid and check-point was established with
the assistance of CRPF and army, he said adding the suspects
were arrested from a cab.
The other two accused have been identified as Nazir
Poswal and Mohammad Iqbal Magray.
The spokesman said on search of the vehicle and the
accused, Rs 4.40 lakh, one Pika gun, 18 rounds of Pika
ammunition, one Chinese pistol, one binocular and two RPG
shells, four AGL Shell, two IED Circuit Box, one mobile
charging apparatus and one kilogram explosive material were
recovered from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing