Four cops injured as grenade accidentally explodes
Srinagar: Four policemen were injured Tuesday when a grenade exploded accidentally in the premises of a police station here while a bomb disposal squad was inspecting some seized ammunition and explosives.
The four policemen, including two members of the bomb disposal squad, suffered splinter injuries when the grenade exploded in the premises of the Parimpora police station on Srinagar-Baramulla national highway, Station House Officer of the police station Ghulam Mohiuddin said.
The explosion took place when the bomb disposal squad was inspecting some seized ammunition and explosives in the police station.
All the injured have been admitted to a nearby hospital and their condition was stated to be "out of danger", the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of IS video proving the authenticity of Batla House encounter
- DNA: Analysis of how adulterated food is putting people's lives at risk
- DNA: How Potassium Bromate and Potassium Iodate in breads can cause cancer