Four cops injured as grenade accidentally explodes
Srinagar: Four policemen were injured Tuesday when a grenade exploded accidentally in the premises of a police station here while a bomb disposal squad was inspecting some seized ammunition and explosives.
The four policemen, including two members of the bomb disposal squad, suffered splinter injuries when the grenade exploded in the premises of the Parimpora police station on Srinagar-Baramulla national highway, Station House Officer of the police station Ghulam Mohiuddin said.
The explosion took place when the bomb disposal squad was inspecting some seized ammunition and explosives in the police station.
All the injured have been admitted to a nearby hospital and their condition was stated to be "out of danger", the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death