Four cops injured as grenade accidentally explodes
Srinagar: Four policemen were injured Tuesday when a grenade exploded accidentally in the premises of a police station here while a bomb disposal squad was inspecting some seized ammunition and explosives.
The four policemen, including two members of the bomb disposal squad, suffered splinter injuries when the grenade exploded in the premises of the Parimpora police station on Srinagar-Baramulla national highway, Station House Officer of the police station Ghulam Mohiuddin said.
The explosion took place when the bomb disposal squad was inspecting some seized ammunition and explosives in the police station.
All the injured have been admitted to a nearby hospital and their condition was stated to be "out of danger", the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family