Four cops injured as grenade accidentally explodes
Srinagar: Four policemen were injured Tuesday when a grenade exploded accidentally in the premises of a police station here while a bomb disposal squad was inspecting some seized ammunition and explosives.
The four policemen, including two members of the bomb disposal squad, suffered splinter injuries when the grenade exploded in the premises of the Parimpora police station on Srinagar-Baramulla national highway, Station House Officer of the police station Ghulam Mohiuddin said.
The explosion took place when the bomb disposal squad was inspecting some seized ammunition and explosives in the police station.
All the injured have been admitted to a nearby hospital and their condition was stated to be "out of danger", the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections