Four-day-long Kashmir gunfight ends, toll 9
Srinagar: A gunfight between the security forces and separatist guerrillas in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district ended on the fourth day on Thursday and the bodies of five slain militants were retrieved from the site. Four security personnel were also killed.
"The four-day-long gunfight between the security forces and the militants in Awath Kul forests of north Kashmir`s Kupwara district ended this evening," a senior police officer said here.
"The bodies of five slain militants were retrieved from the encounter site along with their arms and ammunition.
"The bodies have been handed over to the local Auqaf committee for burial under Islamic rites," the officer said.
Two armymen, including a lieutenant, and two policemen were killed in the gunfight, which started in the densely forested area Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!