Four infiltration bids foiled in 8 days in Kashmir
Srinagar: Search operations are on along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kupwara district where the Army has repelled four infiltration attempts during the last eight days in which four guerrillas and three soldiers were killed.
"Yes, there has been an increase in infiltration attempts from across the border in the Valley during the last few days," Lieutenant Colonel JS Brar, spokesman of Army`s Srinagar based 15th corps, said.
"In Kupwara sector, alert troops have foiled four incursion attempts by terrorists during the last eight days. We have killed four terrorists in the resulting encounters while we lost three troopers, including two jawans and a subedar," Brar said.
"Infiltration bids by various terrorist groups usually increase when autumn sets in. This is done in order to ensure maximum infiltration possible before the mountain passes get closed due to heavy snowfall each year," Brar said.
"Because of the alertness of troops guarding the LoC and their round the clock surveillance, we have successfully foiled such attempts this year," Brar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick