Four infiltration bids foiled in 8 days in Kashmir
Srinagar: Search operations are on along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kupwara district where the Army has repelled four infiltration attempts during the last eight days in which four guerrillas and three soldiers were killed.
"Yes, there has been an increase in infiltration attempts from across the border in the Valley during the last few days," Lieutenant Colonel JS Brar, spokesman of Army`s Srinagar based 15th corps, said.
"In Kupwara sector, alert troops have foiled four incursion attempts by terrorists during the last eight days. We have killed four terrorists in the resulting encounters while we lost three troopers, including two jawans and a subedar," Brar said.
"Infiltration bids by various terrorist groups usually increase when autumn sets in. This is done in order to ensure maximum infiltration possible before the mountain passes get closed due to heavy snowfall each year," Brar said.
"Because of the alertness of troops guarding the LoC and their round the clock surveillance, we have successfully foiled such attempts this year," Brar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried