Four infiltration bids foiled in 8 days in Kashmir
Srinagar: Search operations are on along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kupwara district where the Army has repelled four infiltration attempts during the last eight days in which four guerrillas and three soldiers were killed.
"Yes, there has been an increase in infiltration attempts from across the border in the Valley during the last few days," Lieutenant Colonel JS Brar, spokesman of Army`s Srinagar based 15th corps, said.
"In Kupwara sector, alert troops have foiled four incursion attempts by terrorists during the last eight days. We have killed four terrorists in the resulting encounters while we lost three troopers, including two jawans and a subedar," Brar said.
"Infiltration bids by various terrorist groups usually increase when autumn sets in. This is done in order to ensure maximum infiltration possible before the mountain passes get closed due to heavy snowfall each year," Brar said.
"Because of the alertness of troops guarding the LoC and their round the clock surveillance, we have successfully foiled such attempts this year," Brar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Sakshi Malik arrives to rousing reception, felicitated by Haryana government
- Trump slams Clinton for `Third World`- style corruption
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today