Four infiltration bids foiled in 8 days in Kashmir
Srinagar: Search operations are on along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kupwara district where the Army has repelled four infiltration attempts during the last eight days in which four guerrillas and three soldiers were killed.
"Yes, there has been an increase in infiltration attempts from across the border in the Valley during the last few days," Lieutenant Colonel JS Brar, spokesman of Army`s Srinagar based 15th corps, said.
"In Kupwara sector, alert troops have foiled four incursion attempts by terrorists during the last eight days. We have killed four terrorists in the resulting encounters while we lost three troopers, including two jawans and a subedar," Brar said.
"Infiltration bids by various terrorist groups usually increase when autumn sets in. This is done in order to ensure maximum infiltration possible before the mountain passes get closed due to heavy snowfall each year," Brar said.
"Because of the alertness of troops guarding the LoC and their round the clock surveillance, we have successfully foiled such attempts this year," Brar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail