Four infiltration bids foiled in 8 days in Kashmir
Srinagar: Search operations are on along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kupwara district where the Army has repelled four infiltration attempts during the last eight days in which four guerrillas and three soldiers were killed.
"Yes, there has been an increase in infiltration attempts from across the border in the Valley during the last few days," Lieutenant Colonel JS Brar, spokesman of Army`s Srinagar based 15th corps, said.
"In Kupwara sector, alert troops have foiled four incursion attempts by terrorists during the last eight days. We have killed four terrorists in the resulting encounters while we lost three troopers, including two jawans and a subedar," Brar said.
"Infiltration bids by various terrorist groups usually increase when autumn sets in. This is done in order to ensure maximum infiltration possible before the mountain passes get closed due to heavy snowfall each year," Brar said.
"Because of the alertness of troops guarding the LoC and their round the clock surveillance, we have successfully foiled such attempts this year," Brar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof