Four injured in violence in Srinagar
Srinagar: At least four persons were
injured, one of them seriously, when police opened fire to
quell a stone-pelting mob in Maisuma locality of the city
A group of youths staged a demonstration in Maisuma in
the heart of the city and were asked by police to disperse.
However, they resorted to stone-pelting following which police
used force, police said.
Four persons were injured, one of them critically,
The critically wounded person, who has received pellet
injuries, was rushed to a hospital where he was being operated
upon, police said.
They said a clash between a group of stone pelters and
law enforcing agencies was also going on at Tengpora bye-pass
area of Batmaloo.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai