Four injured in violence in Srinagar
Srinagar: At least four persons were
injured, one of them seriously, when police opened fire to
quell a stone-pelting mob in Maisuma locality of the city
A group of youths staged a demonstration in Maisuma in
the heart of the city and were asked by police to disperse.
However, they resorted to stone-pelting following which police
used force, police said.
Four persons were injured, one of them critically,
The critically wounded person, who has received pellet
injuries, was rushed to a hospital where he was being operated
upon, police said.
They said a clash between a group of stone pelters and
law enforcing agencies was also going on at Tengpora bye-pass
area of Batmaloo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened