Four injured in violence in Srinagar
Srinagar: At least four persons were
injured, one of them seriously, when police opened fire to
quell a stone-pelting mob in Maisuma locality of the city
A group of youths staged a demonstration in Maisuma in
the heart of the city and were asked by police to disperse.
However, they resorted to stone-pelting following which police
used force, police said.
Four persons were injured, one of them critically,
The critically wounded person, who has received pellet
injuries, was rushed to a hospital where he was being operated
upon, police said.
They said a clash between a group of stone pelters and
law enforcing agencies was also going on at Tengpora bye-pass
area of Batmaloo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY