Four injured in violence in Srinagar
Srinagar: At least four persons were
injured, one of them seriously, when police opened fire to
quell a stone-pelting mob in Maisuma locality of the city
A group of youths staged a demonstration in Maisuma in
the heart of the city and were asked by police to disperse.
However, they resorted to stone-pelting following which police
used force, police said.
Four persons were injured, one of them critically,
The critically wounded person, who has received pellet
injuries, was rushed to a hospital where he was being operated
upon, police said.
They said a clash between a group of stone pelters and
law enforcing agencies was also going on at Tengpora bye-pass
area of Batmaloo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit