Four kids injured in explosion in Kashmir village
Jammu: Four children were seriously injured in a sudden explosion in their house, close to the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district on Sunday evening, police said.
A big explosion took place in a house in Lortan Mandi, a mountainous area in Poonch district, about 230 km north of Jammu around 5 p.m.
Four children - two girls and two boys - were critically injured in the explosion and have been shifted to Poonch district hospital, about 40 km from the site of the blast.
There were conflicting versions about the device.
According to one report, it was an unexploded mortar shell which the children had brought to their home from the nearby jungles, while another report said the explosion was due to an improvised explosive device (IED).
A police officer told a news service on phone that the police were verifying the nature of the explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'