Four killed, 10 injured in Jammu hotel blaze
Jammu: At least four people were killed and 10 others sustained burn injuries in a blaze at a hotel here on Saturday morning, officials said.
The fire broke out at Hotel Neelam near the city`s main bus stand.
The injured, including a woman, were taken to the Government Medical College Hospital for specialised treatment.
Doctors said two of the injured were in a critical condition and battling for life.
Around a dozen fire tenders fought the blaze and brought it under control before it could spread to other buildings.
District administration officials reached the spot immediately to supervise the rescue and relief operation.
Condoling the deaths, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said on his Twitter account that he has ordered an investigation into the blaze.
Witnesses told reporters the fire started from the ground floor of the hotel where some vehicle tyres were stored by the owner who also runs a transport business.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender