Four killed, 10 injured in Jammu hotel blaze
Jammu: At least four people were killed and 10 others sustained burn injuries in a blaze at a hotel here on Saturday morning, officials said.
The fire broke out at Hotel Neelam near the city`s main bus stand.
The injured, including a woman, were taken to the Government Medical College Hospital for specialised treatment.
Doctors said two of the injured were in a critical condition and battling for life.
Around a dozen fire tenders fought the blaze and brought it under control before it could spread to other buildings.
District administration officials reached the spot immediately to supervise the rescue and relief operation.
Condoling the deaths, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said on his Twitter account that he has ordered an investigation into the blaze.
Witnesses told reporters the fire started from the ground floor of the hotel where some vehicle tyres were stored by the owner who also runs a transport business.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'