Four killed, 10 injured in Jammu hotel blaze
Jammu: At least four people were killed and 10 others sustained burn injuries in a blaze at a hotel here on Saturday morning, officials said.
The fire broke out at Hotel Neelam near the city`s main bus stand.
The injured, including a woman, were taken to the Government Medical College Hospital for specialised treatment.
Doctors said two of the injured were in a critical condition and battling for life.
Around a dozen fire tenders fought the blaze and brought it under control before it could spread to other buildings.
District administration officials reached the spot immediately to supervise the rescue and relief operation.
Condoling the deaths, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said on his Twitter account that he has ordered an investigation into the blaze.
Witnesses told reporters the fire started from the ground floor of the hotel where some vehicle tyres were stored by the owner who also runs a transport business.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review