Four killed, 10 injured in Jammu hotel blaze
Jammu: At least four people were killed and 10 others sustained burn injuries in a blaze at a hotel here on Saturday morning, officials said.
The fire broke out at Hotel Neelam near the city`s main bus stand.
The injured, including a woman, were taken to the Government Medical College Hospital for specialised treatment.
Doctors said two of the injured were in a critical condition and battling for life.
Around a dozen fire tenders fought the blaze and brought it under control before it could spread to other buildings.
District administration officials reached the spot immediately to supervise the rescue and relief operation.
Condoling the deaths, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said on his Twitter account that he has ordered an investigation into the blaze.
Witnesses told reporters the fire started from the ground floor of the hotel where some vehicle tyres were stored by the owner who also runs a transport business.
- NEET 2016: Government will take final call, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Next Odd-Even phase only after public consultation: Satyendar Jain
- IPL 9: Kings XI Punjab's Shaun Marsh ruled out for remainder of the tournament
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – Players to watch out for; probable playing XIs
- AIADMK protests transfers of IAS, IPS officers by Election Commission