Four killed, 19 injured in overnight rains
Jammu: Four persons were killed and 19 others injured in different incidents when thunderstorm and rains lashed parts of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Saturday.
A 16-year-old girl Gulshan Akhtar was killed after she
was struck by lightning in Dhanote area of Rajouri district
last evening, they said.
In another incident, Anju Devi, wife of an army jawan,
was killed in thunder storm. While, shepherds Pawan Kumar and
Daru Ram were crushed to death when uprooted trees fell on
them in Keli village of Uddampur and Khadi village Kathua
districts respectively, police said.
Meanwhile, 15 people, including seven members of a
marriage party, were injured when a roof of a house collapsed
today due to heavy rains Kahog village of Kathua, authorities
said, adding three children suffered injuries in a similar
incident last night.
A man was admitted to a hospital when he was struck by
lightning in Kashtigarh belt of Doda district last night.
Heavy rains and storms lashed Jammu region late last
night bringing the temperature down from 45.5 degrees Celsius
to 37.5 deg C.
High speed storms are a result of Western Disturbances
over the region, MET department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy