Four killed in cylinder explosion in Amarnath base camp
Srinagar: Four persons from Punjab were on Tuesday killed and three others injured when a gas cylinder exploded inside a community kitchen at Baltal base camp of Amarnath pilgrimage in Ganderbal district, 100 kms from here.
Explosion in the cylinder took place early in the morning when breakfast was being prepared, after which a fire also broke out in the makeshift kitchen, a police spokesman said.
"At about 4:15 AM, when the breakfast was being prepared, there was a leakage in a pipe connecting to LPG cylinder following which the cylinder burst. Due to this, fire also broke out in the Bhandara," the spokesman said.
Gurdeep Singh and Sandeep of Mansar and Yadander Singh and Babu Singh of Batinda were killed.
The injured were admitted to a nearby hospital and their condition was stated to be stable, the spokesman said.
He said the fire was brought under control and a case was registered in this connection.
Earlier, the spokesman had said four relatives of the sewadars (volunteers) of the `langar` died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed