Four killed in LPG explosion in Kashmir
Srinagar: Four people were killed on Tuesday when a cooking gas cylinder (LPG) exploded in a community kitchen in Kashmir`s Baltal base camp of the Amarnath Yatra, police said.
A cooking gas cylinder exploded accidentally in Shiv Shakti langar in Baltal base camp, police said.
"The explosion resulted in death of four relatives of sewadars (volunteers) at the langar," a police officer told IANS here.
Langars are the free community kitchens set up by various religious organisations to serve food to all the visitors for free.
Meanwhile, the yatra is continuing smoothly on Baltal and Pahalgam routes.
So far, over three lakh pilgrims have participated in the yatra which started June 28. The yatra will end Aug 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’