Four militants, 2 Army jawans killed in J&K encounter
Srinagar: Four militants and two Army jawans were killed in a gunbattle between the two sides in Baramulla district of North Kashmir Friday morning.
Acting on a tip off, Army cordoned Rafiabad village, 65 km from here, in the wee hours, Defence Spokesman Lt Col JS Brar said.
He said as the search party reached the house where the militants were hiding, the ultras opened fire and in the ensuing gunbattle four militants and two jawans were killed.
The gunbattle was going on when last reports came in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH