Four militants, 2 Army jawans killed in J&K encounter
Srinagar: Four militants and two Army jawans were killed in a gunbattle between the two sides in Baramulla district of North Kashmir Friday morning.
Acting on a tip off, Army cordoned Rafiabad village, 65 km from here, in the wee hours, Defence Spokesman Lt Col JS Brar said.
He said as the search party reached the house where the militants were hiding, the ultras opened fire and in the ensuing gunbattle four militants and two jawans were killed.
The gunbattle was going on when last reports came in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured