Four militants, 2 Army jawans killed in J&K encounter
Srinagar: Four militants and two Army jawans were killed in a gunbattle between the two sides in Baramulla district of North Kashmir Friday morning.
Acting on a tip off, Army cordoned Rafiabad village, 65 km from here, in the wee hours, Defence Spokesman Lt Col JS Brar said.
He said as the search party reached the house where the militants were hiding, the ultras opened fire and in the ensuing gunbattle four militants and two jawans were killed.
The gunbattle was going on when last reports came in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today