Four missing after avalanche in J&K
Srinagar: Four people including an army
jawan have been reported missing following avalanches in
Kupwara and Anantnag districts of the Kashmir Valley,
officials said on Wednesday.
Three persons, including two brothers, went missing
when a snow avalanche struck in Thimbran area of Achabal, 65
kms from Srinagar, in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district on Tuesday
evening, they said.
The officials said a rescue team of police and
paramedics has been rushed to the spot to trace the missing
persons who have been identified as Abdul Ahad Wani, Ghulam
Qadir Wani and Javed Ahmad Koka.
In another incident, an army jawan of Nine Rajput
Rifles went missing after his North Hill Post in Keran sector
of Kupwara district, near the line of control, was swept away
by an avalanche, officials said.
Search operations are on to trace sepoy Shailendra
Singh. His AK 47 rifle and 30 rounds of ammunition are also
missing, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed