Four more Kashmir panchayat members resign
Srinagar: Four more panchayat members belonging to north Kashmir`s Sopore area Tuesday have announced their resignations as they feared threat to their lives.
Four panches from Dooru village of Sopore sub-division in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district appeared before the media in the summer capital Srinagar Tuesday to announce their resignations.
The village council members, including a woman told media that they were feeling threatened in light of the recent killing of a sarpanch and the murderous attack on a woman panch in Sopore area last week.
Over 30 village council members last week announced their resignations through the media.
The state director general of police (DGP) Ashok Prasad said individual security cover to panches and sarpanches are being considered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed