Four more Kashmir panchayat members resign
Srinagar: Four more panchayat members belonging to north Kashmir`s Sopore area Tuesday have announced their resignations as they feared threat to their lives.
Four panches from Dooru village of Sopore sub-division in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district appeared before the media in the summer capital Srinagar Tuesday to announce their resignations.
The village council members, including a woman told media that they were feeling threatened in light of the recent killing of a sarpanch and the murderous attack on a woman panch in Sopore area last week.
Over 30 village council members last week announced their resignations through the media.
The state director general of police (DGP) Ashok Prasad said individual security cover to panches and sarpanches are being considered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional