Four more Kashmir panchayat members resign
Srinagar: Four more panchayat members belonging to north Kashmir`s Sopore area Tuesday have announced their resignations as they feared threat to their lives.
Four panches from Dooru village of Sopore sub-division in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district appeared before the media in the summer capital Srinagar Tuesday to announce their resignations.
The village council members, including a woman told media that they were feeling threatened in light of the recent killing of a sarpanch and the murderous attack on a woman panch in Sopore area last week.
Over 30 village council members last week announced their resignations through the media.
The state director general of police (DGP) Ashok Prasad said individual security cover to panches and sarpanches are being considered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred