Four more Kashmir panchayat members resign
Srinagar: Four more panchayat members belonging to north Kashmir`s Sopore area Tuesday have announced their resignations as they feared threat to their lives.
Four panches from Dooru village of Sopore sub-division in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district appeared before the media in the summer capital Srinagar Tuesday to announce their resignations.
The village council members, including a woman told media that they were feeling threatened in light of the recent killing of a sarpanch and the murderous attack on a woman panch in Sopore area last week.
Over 30 village council members last week announced their resignations through the media.
The state director general of police (DGP) Ashok Prasad said individual security cover to panches and sarpanches are being considered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city