Four more Kashmir panchayat members resign
Srinagar: Four more panchayat members belonging to north Kashmir`s Sopore area Tuesday have announced their resignations as they feared threat to their lives.
Four panches from Dooru village of Sopore sub-division in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district appeared before the media in the summer capital Srinagar Tuesday to announce their resignations.
The village council members, including a woman told media that they were feeling threatened in light of the recent killing of a sarpanch and the murderous attack on a woman panch in Sopore area last week.
Over 30 village council members last week announced their resignations through the media.
The state director general of police (DGP) Ashok Prasad said individual security cover to panches and sarpanches are being considered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves