Four smugglers held on J&K highway for possessing cannabis
Jammu: Four narcotics smugglers were arrested
and 100 kgs of cannabis, poppy straw was recovered from them
in two separate incidents on Jammu-Srinagar national highway
in Udhampur district, police said on Wednesday.
A fruit truck on its way from Srinagar to Jammu at Tikri,
about 50-kms from here, was intercepted by a joint team of
army and police in Udhampur district last evening, police
55 kgs of cannabis from five fruit boxes was recovered,
they said, adding truck driver Nirmal Singh and cleaner Arif
Amin were taken into custody.
In a separate incident, police and CRPF personnel seized
45 kgs of poppy straw from a bus on its way to Jammu from
Srinagar at Kud, about 100-kms from here, in the same
district, they said.
Identified as Mohammad Ashraf and Abdul Rashid Ganaie,
were arrested in this connection, they said.
A case in both the cases have been registered, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player