Four smugglers held on J&K highway for possessing cannabis
Jammu: Four narcotics smugglers were arrested
and 100 kgs of cannabis, poppy straw was recovered from them
in two separate incidents on Jammu-Srinagar national highway
in Udhampur district, police said on Wednesday.
A fruit truck on its way from Srinagar to Jammu at Tikri,
about 50-kms from here, was intercepted by a joint team of
army and police in Udhampur district last evening, police
55 kgs of cannabis from five fruit boxes was recovered,
they said, adding truck driver Nirmal Singh and cleaner Arif
Amin were taken into custody.
In a separate incident, police and CRPF personnel seized
45 kgs of poppy straw from a bus on its way to Jammu from
Srinagar at Kud, about 100-kms from here, in the same
district, they said.
Identified as Mohammad Ashraf and Abdul Rashid Ganaie,
were arrested in this connection, they said.
A case in both the cases have been registered, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2