Four smugglers held on J&K highway for possessing cannabis
Jammu: Four narcotics smugglers were arrested
and 100 kgs of cannabis, poppy straw was recovered from them
in two separate incidents on Jammu-Srinagar national highway
in Udhampur district, police said on Wednesday.
A fruit truck on its way from Srinagar to Jammu at Tikri,
about 50-kms from here, was intercepted by a joint team of
army and police in Udhampur district last evening, police
55 kgs of cannabis from five fruit boxes was recovered,
they said, adding truck driver Nirmal Singh and cleaner Arif
Amin were taken into custody.
In a separate incident, police and CRPF personnel seized
45 kgs of poppy straw from a bus on its way to Jammu from
Srinagar at Kud, about 100-kms from here, in the same
district, they said.
Identified as Mohammad Ashraf and Abdul Rashid Ganaie,
were arrested in this connection, they said.
A case in both the cases have been registered, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch