Fourth batch of pilgrims leave for Amarnath from Jammu
Jammu: Over 2,000 pilgrims left the Jammu base camp for their onward journey to the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir amid tight security arrangements.
The fourth batch of pilgrims, consisting of 2,066 devotees left from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 4:44 AM, police said, adding that the convoy included 80 vehicles.
The batch included 1,507 men, 399 women and 35 children, apart from 125 sadhus, they said.
So far, over 11,500 devotees have paid obeisance at the holy shrine, with 7,806 devotees heading for the cave from Jammu base camp till yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred