Fourth batch of pilgrims leave for Amarnath from Jammu
Jammu: The fourth batch of Amarnath pilgrims comprising 1,666 pilgrims on Monday left the Jammu base camp for their onward journey to the cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas amid tight security.
The pilgrims comprising 1,146 men, 288 women, 40 children and 192 sadhus and sadhvis left from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu in a cavalcade of 48 vehicles, including 34 buses and 14 LMVs, police said.
The convoy for the yatra has already crossed Ramsoo in Ramban district on Jammu-Srinagar National highway towards base camp of Baltal in Kashmir valley.
With the departure of today`s batch, as many as 5,026 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine of Amarnath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan