Fourth batch of pilgrims leaves for Amarnath
Jammu: The fourth batch of 3,537 pilgrims for the Amarnath cave shrine left from amid tight security on Wednesday.
The batch which included 2,405 males, 728 females, 152 children and 288 sadhus left in a cavalcade of 110 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in the city early this morning, police said.
Escorted by the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), the convoy has already crossed Patnitop area in Udhampur district, they said.
With today`s batch, as many as 9,772 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine. "Yatra is going on smoothly", Police added.
Till today over 30,000 pilgrims have had darshan of the holy Ice Lingum of Lord Shiva at Amarnath.
Over 4,000 more pilgrims have arrived in Jammu from various parts of the country for the cave shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog