Fourth batch of pilgrims leaves for Amarnath
Jammu: The fourth batch of 3,537 pilgrims for the Amarnath cave shrine left from amid tight security on Wednesday.
The batch which included 2,405 males, 728 females, 152 children and 288 sadhus left in a cavalcade of 110 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in the city early this morning, police said.
Escorted by the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), the convoy has already crossed Patnitop area in Udhampur district, they said.
With today`s batch, as many as 9,772 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine. "Yatra is going on smoothly", Police added.
Till today over 30,000 pilgrims have had darshan of the holy Ice Lingum of Lord Shiva at Amarnath.
Over 4,000 more pilgrims have arrived in Jammu from various parts of the country for the cave shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH