Fourth man killed in CRPF firing at Shopian was LeT militant
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Police on Friday said the fourth man killed in CRPF firing at Shopian on September 7 was Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) militant Abdullah Haroon.
"That is established. The person who was killed in Gagran (Shopian) is Abdullah Haroon. Every evidence has substantiated that... That is an established fact. It has been confirmed by our sources in various places," Inspector General of Police (Kashmir) Abdul Gani Mir told reporters here.
He said the slain militant was identified by a number of persons including a top Lashkar commander Fahadullah, who was arrested by security forces in April this year.
Many local residents and separatist outfits had alleged that the fourth person killed in the September 7 incident at Shopian was a non-Kashmiri labourer.
The IGP said Haroon was part of a 10-member Lashkar squad which had migrated from Sopore in north Kashmir towards south Kashmir.
"We have all the evidence (to prove that he was Haroon). The investigations carried out, the things seized right from the mobile (phone), pistol and grenades...In mobile we got this video which certainly proved that this module was there," he said.
He said in the video, there are weapons which were snatched from a policeman and a CRPF man from two different places in south Kashmir some time back.
Mir said the mobile phone recovered from the scene of firing incident had DIALER and SKIPE applications. "The DIALER and SKIPE, not Skype, are only used by Lashkar militants."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach