Fourth man killed in CRPF firing at Shopian was LeT militant
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Police on Friday said the fourth man killed in CRPF firing at Shopian on September 7 was Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) militant Abdullah Haroon.
"That is established. The person who was killed in Gagran (Shopian) is Abdullah Haroon. Every evidence has substantiated that... That is an established fact. It has been confirmed by our sources in various places," Inspector General of Police (Kashmir) Abdul Gani Mir told reporters here.
He said the slain militant was identified by a number of persons including a top Lashkar commander Fahadullah, who was arrested by security forces in April this year.
Many local residents and separatist outfits had alleged that the fourth person killed in the September 7 incident at Shopian was a non-Kashmiri labourer.
The IGP said Haroon was part of a 10-member Lashkar squad which had migrated from Sopore in north Kashmir towards south Kashmir.
"We have all the evidence (to prove that he was Haroon). The investigations carried out, the things seized right from the mobile (phone), pistol and grenades...In mobile we got this video which certainly proved that this module was there," he said.
He said in the video, there are weapons which were snatched from a policeman and a CRPF man from two different places in south Kashmir some time back.
Mir said the mobile phone recovered from the scene of firing incident had DIALER and SKIPE applications. "The DIALER and SKIPE, not Skype, are only used by Lashkar militants."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda