Fresh avalanche warning in Gurez sector of J-K
Srinagar: Authorities here on Tuesday issued a fresh avalanche warning for snow-bound areas in Gurez sector of Bandipora district of Kashmir.
"A medium danger avalanche warning has been issued for snow bound areas of Gurez," an official of the Natural Disaster Management Cell said.
He said people living above the height of 8,000 ft in Gurez have been advised not to venture in avalanche prone areas and to take precautionary measures.
A massive avalanche struck an army camp in Dawar area of Gurez last week in which 16 army personnel were killed.
Yesterday, another avalanche damaged 11 residential houses and two school buildings in Tulail area of Gurez.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery