Fresh avalanche warning in Gurez sector of J-K
Srinagar: Authorities here on Tuesday issued a fresh avalanche warning for snow-bound areas in Gurez sector of Bandipora district of Kashmir.
"A medium danger avalanche warning has been issued for snow bound areas of Gurez," an official of the Natural Disaster Management Cell said.
He said people living above the height of 8,000 ft in Gurez have been advised not to venture in avalanche prone areas and to take precautionary measures.
A massive avalanche struck an army camp in Dawar area of Gurez last week in which 16 army personnel were killed.
Yesterday, another avalanche damaged 11 residential houses and two school buildings in Tulail area of Gurez.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands