Fresh avalanche warning in Gurez sector of J-K
Srinagar: Authorities here on Tuesday issued a fresh avalanche warning for snow-bound areas in Gurez sector of Bandipora district of Kashmir.
"A medium danger avalanche warning has been issued for snow bound areas of Gurez," an official of the Natural Disaster Management Cell said.
He said people living above the height of 8,000 ft in Gurez have been advised not to venture in avalanche prone areas and to take precautionary measures.
A massive avalanche struck an army camp in Dawar area of Gurez last week in which 16 army personnel were killed.
Yesterday, another avalanche damaged 11 residential houses and two school buildings in Tulail area of Gurez.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- SHOCKING! Man beaten to death in Delhi for golgappas - Watch
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology
- Delhi HC rejects plea against Raj Thackeray's security cover
- Eleven Turkish police killed in bombing blamed on PKK
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation