Fresh avalanche warning in Gurez sector of J-K
Srinagar: Authorities here on Tuesday issued a fresh avalanche warning for snow-bound areas in Gurez sector of Bandipora district of Kashmir.
"A medium danger avalanche warning has been issued for snow bound areas of Gurez," an official of the Natural Disaster Management Cell said.
He said people living above the height of 8,000 ft in Gurez have been advised not to venture in avalanche prone areas and to take precautionary measures.
A massive avalanche struck an army camp in Dawar area of Gurez last week in which 16 army personnel were killed.
Yesterday, another avalanche damaged 11 residential houses and two school buildings in Tulail area of Gurez.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress