Fresh avalanche warning in Gurez sector of J-K
Srinagar: Authorities here on Tuesday issued a fresh avalanche warning for snow-bound areas in Gurez sector of Bandipora district of Kashmir.
"A medium danger avalanche warning has been issued for snow bound areas of Gurez," an official of the Natural Disaster Management Cell said.
He said people living above the height of 8,000 ft in Gurez have been advised not to venture in avalanche prone areas and to take precautionary measures.
A massive avalanche struck an army camp in Dawar area of Gurez last week in which 16 army personnel were killed.
Yesterday, another avalanche damaged 11 residential houses and two school buildings in Tulail area of Gurez.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam