Fresh Batch of 1,350 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 1,350 pilgrims today left for the Amarnath cave shrine situated in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 979 men, 212 women, 18 children and 141 sadhus left in a cavalcade of 53 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0500 hours for Amarnath.
The convoy of yatra has already crossed Chanderkote on Jammu-Srinagar National highway towards base camps of Pahalgam in Kashmir valley.
With today`s batch, as many as 87,618 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine.
Meanwhile, the third batch of 785 pilgrims has left for the holy shrine of Buddha Amarnath, situated in the border district of Poonch, from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in the Jammu city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred