Fresh batch of 1,493 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 1,493 pilgrims today left for Amarnath cave shrine situated in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 885 men, 291 women, 27 children and 290 sadhus left in a cavalcade of 48 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0500 hours for the 3,888- metre-high holy cave, officials said.
With today`s batch, as many as 86,268 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies