Fresh batch of 1,493 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 1,493 pilgrims today left for Amarnath cave shrine situated in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 885 men, 291 women, 27 children and 290 sadhus left in a cavalcade of 48 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0500 hours for the 3,888- metre-high holy cave, officials said.
With today`s batch, as many as 86,268 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!