Fresh batch of 3,199 pilgrims leave for Amarnath shrine
Jammu: A fresh batch of 3,199 pilgrims on Friday left for 3888-metre-high Amarnath cave shrine situated in South Kashmir Himalayas amid tight security.
The pilgrims comprising 2,122 men, 747 women, 80 children and 250 sadhus left in a cavalcade of 102 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0500 hours for Amarnath, a police official said.
The convoy has crossed Chanderkote on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway towards base camps of Pahalgam in Kashmir Valley, he said.
With today`s batch, as many as 67,676 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported