Fresh batch of 3,348 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 3,348 pilgrims on Friday left the base camp here for 3888-metre high holy Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 2,199 men, 922 women, 79 children and 148 sadhus left in a cavalcade of 122 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp here at around 0500 hours, police said.
With this, over 19,400 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video