Fresh batch of 3,348 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 3,348 pilgrims on Friday left the base camp here for 3888-metre high holy Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 2,199 men, 922 women, 79 children and 148 sadhus left in a cavalcade of 122 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp here at around 0500 hours, police said.
With this, over 19,400 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC