Fresh batch of 3,348 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 3,348 pilgrims on Friday left the base camp here for 3888-metre high holy Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 2,199 men, 922 women, 79 children and 148 sadhus left in a cavalcade of 122 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp here at around 0500 hours, police said.
With this, over 19,400 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?