Fresh batch of 483 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 483 pilgrims today left for the Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 303 men, 91 women, 4 children and 85 `sadhus` left in a cavalcade of 10 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0500 hours.
With today`s batch, as many as 90,018 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon