Fresh batch of 530 pilgrims leaves for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 530 pilgrims on Thursday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in the South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 401 men, 122 women and 7 children left in a cavalcade of 27 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0555 hours for Amarnath.
The convoy of yatra has already crossed Chenani on Jammu-Srinagar National highway towards base camps of Pahalgam in Kashmir Valley.
With today`s batch, as many as 90,548 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine.
Meanwhile, the sixth batch of 702 pilgrims in a cavalcade of 18 vehicles has left for the holy shrine of Buddha Amarnath, situated in the border district of Poonch, from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in the Jammu city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH