Fresh batch of 530 pilgrims leaves for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 530 pilgrims on Thursday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in the South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 401 men, 122 women and 7 children left in a cavalcade of 27 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0555 hours for Amarnath.
The convoy of yatra has already crossed Chenani on Jammu-Srinagar National highway towards base camps of Pahalgam in Kashmir Valley.
With today`s batch, as many as 90,548 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine.
Meanwhile, the sixth batch of 702 pilgrims in a cavalcade of 18 vehicles has left for the holy shrine of Buddha Amarnath, situated in the border district of Poonch, from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in the Jammu city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note