Fresh batch of 530 pilgrims leaves for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 530 pilgrims on Thursday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in the South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 401 men, 122 women and 7 children left in a cavalcade of 27 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0555 hours for Amarnath.
The convoy of yatra has already crossed Chenani on Jammu-Srinagar National highway towards base camps of Pahalgam in Kashmir Valley.
With today`s batch, as many as 90,548 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine.
Meanwhile, the sixth batch of 702 pilgrims in a cavalcade of 18 vehicles has left for the holy shrine of Buddha Amarnath, situated in the border district of Poonch, from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in the Jammu city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?