Fresh batch of 530 pilgrims leaves for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 530 pilgrims on Thursday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in the South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 401 men, 122 women and 7 children left in a cavalcade of 27 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0555 hours for Amarnath.
The convoy of yatra has already crossed Chenani on Jammu-Srinagar National highway towards base camps of Pahalgam in Kashmir Valley.
With today`s batch, as many as 90,548 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine.
Meanwhile, the sixth batch of 702 pilgrims in a cavalcade of 18 vehicles has left for the holy shrine of Buddha Amarnath, situated in the border district of Poonch, from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in the Jammu city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes