Fresh batch of pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: A fresh batch of 172 pilgrims Tuesday left for the cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir Himalayas.
A convoy of six vehicles carrying the 40th batch of 172 devotees left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar around 4:40 AM to pay obeisance at the shrine.
The batch which included 126 men and 12 women was on its way to the twin base camps of Pahalgam and Baltal, police said.
With today`s batch, a total of 51,224 devotees have left for Amarnath so far from the Jammu base camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt