Fresh ceasefire violation by Pak troops in Samba sector, BSF jawan injured
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Jammu: Pakistan troops yet again violated ceasefire at Samba sector of Jammu and Kashmir on Monday apparently paying no heed to the peace initiatives being taken by the Prime Ministers of two nations.
A BSF Jawan has been injured in the fresh firing today.
The firing took place around 11.30am on Katav Border Out Post at Samba district, a BSF officer said. Constable M Basu was injured when bullets hit in his abdomen. He has been taken to the hospital.
On Sunday, the troops had targeted forward posts along LoC in Poonch district with mortar shelling and automatic weapons.
The Indian troops had strongly retaliated to the firing which lasted for a long time.
In 2013, Pakistan army has violated ceasefire almost 130 times along the LoC in Jammu Kashmir which is highest in the past 8 years.
Last month, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh met his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif in US to restore peace between the two nations. Repeated ceasefire violation by the Pakistan troops was one of the prominent discussions between the two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C