Fresh ceasefire violation by Pak troops in Samba sector, BSF jawan injured
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Jammu: Pakistan troops yet again violated ceasefire at Samba sector of Jammu and Kashmir on Monday apparently paying no heed to the peace initiatives being taken by the Prime Ministers of two nations.
A BSF Jawan has been injured in the fresh firing today.
The firing took place around 11.30am on Katav Border Out Post at Samba district, a BSF officer said. Constable M Basu was injured when bullets hit in his abdomen. He has been taken to the hospital.
On Sunday, the troops had targeted forward posts along LoC in Poonch district with mortar shelling and automatic weapons.
The Indian troops had strongly retaliated to the firing which lasted for a long time.
In 2013, Pakistan army has violated ceasefire almost 130 times along the LoC in Jammu Kashmir which is highest in the past 8 years.
Last month, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh met his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif in US to restore peace between the two nations. Repeated ceasefire violation by the Pakistan troops was one of the prominent discussions between the two.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India