Fresh ceasefire violation by Pak troops in Samba sector, BSF jawan injured
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Jammu: Pakistan troops yet again violated ceasefire at Samba sector of Jammu and Kashmir on Monday apparently paying no heed to the peace initiatives being taken by the Prime Ministers of two nations.
A BSF Jawan has been injured in the fresh firing today.
The firing took place around 11.30am on Katav Border Out Post at Samba district, a BSF officer said. Constable M Basu was injured when bullets hit in his abdomen. He has been taken to the hospital.
On Sunday, the troops had targeted forward posts along LoC in Poonch district with mortar shelling and automatic weapons.
The Indian troops had strongly retaliated to the firing which lasted for a long time.
In 2013, Pakistan army has violated ceasefire almost 130 times along the LoC in Jammu Kashmir which is highest in the past 8 years.
Last month, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh met his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif in US to restore peace between the two nations. Repeated ceasefire violation by the Pakistan troops was one of the prominent discussions between the two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon