Fresh census of BPL population in J&K
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has ordered fresh census of people living under Below Poverty Line (BPL) in the state.
The directive was passed by Rural Development Minister
Ali Mohammad Sagar while chairing a high level meeting here,
an official spokesman said today.
The minister directed the officers to conduct the census
afresh keeping in view the topography and other related
things, he said.
He also asked them to involve newly elected heads of
village panchayats in the preparation.
He also highlighted the need of proper training of
the panchayati raj members so that they could understand the
nuances of various developmental programmes and schemes.
While complementing the officers for the successful
panchayat elections, Sagar asked the them to remove the
encroachments if any within a month`s time.
The minister said an amount of Rs 1426 crore has been
earmarked as a labour budget under MGNREGA for the state
during the current fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery