Fresh census of BPL population in J&K
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has ordered fresh census of people living under Below Poverty Line (BPL) in the state.
The directive was passed by Rural Development Minister
Ali Mohammad Sagar while chairing a high level meeting here,
an official spokesman said today.
The minister directed the officers to conduct the census
afresh keeping in view the topography and other related
things, he said.
He also asked them to involve newly elected heads of
village panchayats in the preparation.
He also highlighted the need of proper training of
the panchayati raj members so that they could understand the
nuances of various developmental programmes and schemes.
While complementing the officers for the successful
panchayat elections, Sagar asked the them to remove the
encroachments if any within a month`s time.
The minister said an amount of Rs 1426 crore has been
earmarked as a labour budget under MGNREGA for the state
during the current fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption