Fresh census of BPL population in J&K
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has ordered fresh census of people living under Below Poverty Line (BPL) in the state.
The directive was passed by Rural Development Minister
Ali Mohammad Sagar while chairing a high level meeting here,
an official spokesman said today.
The minister directed the officers to conduct the census
afresh keeping in view the topography and other related
things, he said.
He also asked them to involve newly elected heads of
village panchayats in the preparation.
He also highlighted the need of proper training of
the panchayati raj members so that they could understand the
nuances of various developmental programmes and schemes.
While complementing the officers for the successful
panchayat elections, Sagar asked the them to remove the
encroachments if any within a month`s time.
The minister said an amount of Rs 1426 crore has been
earmarked as a labour budget under MGNREGA for the state
during the current fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends