Fresh census of BPL population in J&K
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has ordered fresh census of people living under Below Poverty Line (BPL) in the state.
The directive was passed by Rural Development Minister
Ali Mohammad Sagar while chairing a high level meeting here,
an official spokesman said today.
The minister directed the officers to conduct the census
afresh keeping in view the topography and other related
things, he said.
He also asked them to involve newly elected heads of
village panchayats in the preparation.
He also highlighted the need of proper training of
the panchayati raj members so that they could understand the
nuances of various developmental programmes and schemes.
While complementing the officers for the successful
panchayat elections, Sagar asked the them to remove the
encroachments if any within a month`s time.
The minister said an amount of Rs 1426 crore has been
earmarked as a labour budget under MGNREGA for the state
during the current fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan