Fresh snowfall closes Srinagar-Jammu highway
Srinagar: The Srinagar-Jammu highway remained closed due to fresh snowfall in the Bannihal sector of the over 300-kilometre road Saturday, an official here said.
Snowfall in the Bannihal sector and landslides in Seri area of Ramban district in the Jammu region have forced closure of the Srinagar-Jammu highway, a traffic official told a news agency.
"The highway has been closed for vehicular traffic today (Saturday). Those intending to undertake the journey are advised to contact the traffic control rooms in Srinagar and Jammu for an update on the highway status," the official said.
The Srinagar-Jammu highway is the landlocked Valley`s only road link to the rest of the country. All essential supplies are routed to Kashmir through this highway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption