Fresh snowfall closes Srinagar-Jammu highway
Srinagar: The Srinagar-Jammu highway remained closed due to fresh snowfall in the Bannihal sector of the over 300-kilometre road Saturday, an official here said.
Snowfall in the Bannihal sector and landslides in Seri area of Ramban district in the Jammu region have forced closure of the Srinagar-Jammu highway, a traffic official told a news agency.
"The highway has been closed for vehicular traffic today (Saturday). Those intending to undertake the journey are advised to contact the traffic control rooms in Srinagar and Jammu for an update on the highway status," the official said.
The Srinagar-Jammu highway is the landlocked Valley`s only road link to the rest of the country. All essential supplies are routed to Kashmir through this highway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack