Fresh snowfall in Bhaderwah valley in J&K
Bhaderwah: Fresh snowfall occurred in mountainous belts of Bhaderwah valley in Jammu and Kashmir even as the plains witnessed rainfall.
There was fresh snowfall in Kailash mountain range and Ashapati glacier surrounding Bhaderwah valley last night, officials said on Wednesday.
This triggered extreme cold wave conditions in the Valley, forcing the dwellers to wear warm clothes and to light up bonfires as most of the people spent night in the open due to fear of quakes that shook the area in the wee hours today.
Rains lashed mountainous belt of Doda, Bhaderwah valley, Kishtwar and plains of Jammu division last night, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption