Fresh snowfall in Kashmir
Srinagar: The upper reaches of Kashmir got fresh snowfall while the plains were lashed by rains, bringing down day temperature across the Valley by couple of degrees.
Kupwara town and Gulmarg resort in north Kashmir and Pahalgam in south Kashmir witnessed snowfall last night while rest of the Valley was lashed by light to moderate rains, an official of the Met department said.
He said while the day temperature dropped by a couple of notches across the Valley, the minimum temperature saw an upward movement last night.
The mercury in Gulmarg resort of North Kashmir rose by 2.5 degrees to settle at minus 4.5 deg C last night while Pahalgam in south Kashmir recorded a low of 0.4 deg C, up by over four degrees, the official said.
Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, recorded a minimum temperature of 2.7 deg C last night, he said.
Leh and Kargil towns in cold desert region of Ladakh experienced comparatively warmer night as the twin towns recorded a low of minus 10.0 deg C and minus 9.0 deg C respectively.
The Met department has predicted light to moderate snowfall or rains across Kashmir Valley and light snowfall in Ladakh region of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan