Fresh snowfall in Kashmir
Srinagar: The upper reaches of Kashmir got fresh snowfall while the plains were lashed by rains, bringing down day temperature across the Valley by couple of degrees.
Kupwara town and Gulmarg resort in north Kashmir and Pahalgam in south Kashmir witnessed snowfall last night while rest of the Valley was lashed by light to moderate rains, an official of the Met department said.
He said while the day temperature dropped by a couple of notches across the Valley, the minimum temperature saw an upward movement last night.
The mercury in Gulmarg resort of North Kashmir rose by 2.5 degrees to settle at minus 4.5 deg C last night while Pahalgam in south Kashmir recorded a low of 0.4 deg C, up by over four degrees, the official said.
Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, recorded a minimum temperature of 2.7 deg C last night, he said.
Leh and Kargil towns in cold desert region of Ladakh experienced comparatively warmer night as the twin towns recorded a low of minus 10.0 deg C and minus 9.0 deg C respectively.
The Met department has predicted light to moderate snowfall or rains across Kashmir Valley and light snowfall in Ladakh region of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games
- PM Narendra Modi's brother raises arrest of dhaba owner with Indore police chief
- Adani Food's pulses processing unit proposal in SEZ rejected