Fresh snowfall in Kashmir
Srinagar: The upper reaches of Kashmir got fresh snowfall while the plains were lashed by rains, bringing down day temperature across the Valley by couple of degrees.
Kupwara town and Gulmarg resort in north Kashmir and Pahalgam in south Kashmir witnessed snowfall last night while rest of the Valley was lashed by light to moderate rains, an official of the Met department said.
He said while the day temperature dropped by a couple of notches across the Valley, the minimum temperature saw an upward movement last night.
The mercury in Gulmarg resort of North Kashmir rose by 2.5 degrees to settle at minus 4.5 deg C last night while Pahalgam in south Kashmir recorded a low of 0.4 deg C, up by over four degrees, the official said.
Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, recorded a minimum temperature of 2.7 deg C last night, he said.
Leh and Kargil towns in cold desert region of Ladakh experienced comparatively warmer night as the twin towns recorded a low of minus 10.0 deg C and minus 9.0 deg C respectively.
The Met department has predicted light to moderate snowfall or rains across Kashmir Valley and light snowfall in Ladakh region of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster