Fresh snowfall in many parts of Kashmir
Srinagar: Most parts of the Kashmir Valley, including Srinagar, on Friday received fresh snowfall, leading to closure of the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway.
The snowfall began late last evening and by this morning, the entire Valley had turned white.
However, the snowfall has led to closure of the 294-km Jammu-Srinagar National Highway, the only road link between Kashmir and rest of the country.
"Efforts are being made by Chief Engineer, Project Beacon, to clear the snow and re-open the road, if weather improves," coordinator of Natural Disaster Management Cell Aamir said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi