Fresh snowfall in many parts of Kashmir
Srinagar: Most parts of the Kashmir Valley, including Srinagar, on Friday received fresh snowfall, leading to closure of the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway.
The snowfall began late last evening and by this morning, the entire Valley had turned white.
However, the snowfall has led to closure of the 294-km Jammu-Srinagar National Highway, the only road link between Kashmir and rest of the country.
"Efforts are being made by Chief Engineer, Project Beacon, to clear the snow and re-open the road, if weather improves," coordinator of Natural Disaster Management Cell Aamir said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'