Fresh snowfall in many parts of Kashmir
Srinagar: Most parts of the Kashmir Valley, including Srinagar, on Friday received fresh snowfall, leading to closure of the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway.
The snowfall began late last evening and by this morning, the entire Valley had turned white.
However, the snowfall has led to closure of the 294-km Jammu-Srinagar National Highway, the only road link between Kashmir and rest of the country.
"Efforts are being made by Chief Engineer, Project Beacon, to clear the snow and re-open the road, if weather improves," coordinator of Natural Disaster Management Cell Aamir said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray