Fresh snowing in higher hills in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: High altitude areas of Kashmir Valley, including the famous ski resort of Gulmarg, on Wednesday experienced fresh snowfall which ended over a month-long dry spell.
Moderate to heavy snowing occurred in high altitude areas, including scenic Gulmarg and Sonamarg, officials said.
It was still snowing, they said adding the snowfall had ended over a month-long dry spell in higher hills.
However, the plains, including summer capital Srinagar, continued to witness dry weather with the minimum temperature hovering around zero degree Celsius.
Gulmarg and other higher hills had recorded the first snowfall of the season at the fag end of October.
Mercury touched season`s lowest in Srinagar last week when it slipped three degrees below freezing point.
The cloud cover over the area, however, provided respite to the denizens from the cold as mercury rose and settled a few degrees above freezing point for several days before plummeting again three days back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users