Fresh snowing in higher hills in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: High altitude areas of Kashmir Valley, including the famous ski resort of Gulmarg, on Wednesday experienced fresh snowfall which ended over a month-long dry spell.
Moderate to heavy snowing occurred in high altitude areas, including scenic Gulmarg and Sonamarg, officials said.
It was still snowing, they said adding the snowfall had ended over a month-long dry spell in higher hills.
However, the plains, including summer capital Srinagar, continued to witness dry weather with the minimum temperature hovering around zero degree Celsius.
Gulmarg and other higher hills had recorded the first snowfall of the season at the fag end of October.
Mercury touched season`s lowest in Srinagar last week when it slipped three degrees below freezing point.
The cloud cover over the area, however, provided respite to the denizens from the cold as mercury rose and settled a few degrees above freezing point for several days before plummeting again three days back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31